Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Teddy Bears Go Blogging" Reaction

I enjoyed this article a lot and found it very useful and positive!  As I was about halfway through the article, the thought of a child possibly not being able to use a keyboard crossed my mind and before I had even finished my thought, a solution was found.  It is a great idea that they have the "audioblogger" feature and therefore, a child can just talk about experiences and whatever else they would like to speak about by just having a phone conversation that is then submitted in blog form.  I also enjoy that iEARN has come up with many outreach solutions for these students to learn about different cultures and that within these learning boundaries, safety is first and foremost.  I really like the fact that anyone can comment without even being a subscriber and the power to publish or reject a comment is still an option.  I believe that the idea of the "Teddy Bear Project" has probably spread fairly quickly and if I had not read this article I would have never known about it.  This blog has got kids excited about learning and excited to see what is going to come from these blogs.  I believe that this new type of technology is spreading like wildfire and it's amazing that the kids involved with this specific project are so excited to learn and develop interest in their surrounding cultures.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this is just one interesting example of a classroom blog - there are lots more out there. Glad this gave you some good ideas (such as audioblogging).

    ReplyDelete