Saturday, January 22, 2011

"How I Create and Publish Podcasts" Reaction

The blog that I chose to read is called, "How I Create and Publish Podcasts," submitted in October '09.  This blog stood out to me because I have never done a podcasts or have even attempted to because, I do not know how to submit or publish one.  I found this blog extremely helpful!  What I enjoyed most about this blog is the visuals that the blogger gave right on the page.  I am a visual learner and for the blogger to put up pictures throughout the blog using arrows to point out what was what, was extremely helpful!  They also gave the name of the software and website services used and a step by step guide to put a successful podcast together.  I only saw one reaction post to this blog in which a blogger stated that this was, "a very helpful manual."  I wish there were more reaction posts to this blog but since there was not, I was curious on how helpful this how-to-manual really was.  Therefore, I actually had my brother take a look at this blog with me and do a sort of step by step guide using this blogger's information about podcasts to see if it was possible to publish one with these directions.  We did not have all the software to actually submit one but, I am hoping that we can get all the tools and finalize a product using these directions.
I actually really enjoyed looking at the different blogs because, I would have never known how to do a podcasts or what lengths of effort go into one without seeing this how-to-guide.

1 comment:

  1. I think perhaps rather than reading a blog, you only read one post of a blog, right? For example, your blog has multiple posts to it (about your standard, about the Teddy Bears go Blogging article, and this post) but all together they are on the same blog (Taccone Tech). Check out some of the other posts on that blog - I would like to hear more about what you think of the blog as a whole as well as perhaps some of the posts (such as this one on podcasts).

    We'll get to look more at podcasts later in the semester - glad you had an introduction to them already!

    ReplyDelete